Everyone who knows something about electronics circuitry may like Qucs. It is open source, multiplatform software that will help us to simulate simple to complex electronic circuits in our system with a graphical user interface (GUI) and simulate the large-signal, small-signal and noise behavior of the circuit. After that simulation has finished you can view the simulation results on a presentation page or window.
more screenshots available here
Qucs (Quite Universal Circuit Simulator) is an educational software program. We can generate any schematic diagrams and check their performance, as well as all its values with this application. The software aims to support all kinds of circuit simulation types, such as DC, AC, S-parameter, Harmonic Balance analysis, noise analysis, etc.
This excellent simulator includes all components and electronic devices that we need to design an electronic circuit like diodes, transistors, resistors, capacitors, voltage and current sources, trainers, amplifiers, etc.[ source]
Supports – Windows / Mac OS / Linux
License – GPL
- What Circuit Simulation Software Do You Use? (electronics-lab.com)
- Windows 8 Will Have New User Interface, Codenamed ‘Wind’ (daaaveeeee.wordpress.com)
- Open Directory – Computers: Robotics: Software: Simulation (dmoz.org)
- Blog – Physicists Build Diode For Electromagnetic Waves (technologyreview.com)
- Breadboarding Tutorial (brighthub.com)
- Electricity and Light in One Chip (technologyreview.in)